Director Policy & Research, President's Office
The Director of Policy and Research will have an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic leadership team in the Office of the President and support the senior leadership of the university in researching, developing and executing strategic initiatives with university-level policy and governance implications to advance the core education, research and service missions of the university.
On behalf of the President, the Director will be responsible for senior-level research, analysis and policy development, as well as related strategic planning and stakeholder engagement. The Director will collaborate with subject matter experts within the university administration and across the divisions to conceive and implement multidisciplinary projects; coordinate closely with the Offices of the Provost and General Counsel to strengthen institutional policies and assess university performance against key objectives; and craft persuasive and well-founded written materials to support these aims.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will be a committed and experienced professional who has worked with executive-level principals in a demanding, fast-paced environment, where standards of excellence and expectations for performance and productivity are high.
This position requires a person who need not rely on formal authority but enjoys the challenge of developing relationships and credibility with individuals across the Johns Hopkins entities, including superiors, peers, and subordinates, to support the President's vision and help Johns Hopkins accomplish its missions. These relationships will be critical as the Director works alongside staff, faculty, and leadership in identifying and developing potential solutions to issues large and small, and then delivering optimal outcomes for the university and its key constituencies.
The Director of Policy and Research will be expected to acquire a comprehensive understanding of the issues and challenges facing the Johns Hopkins units with which they work, and be familiar with the appropriate strategies, structures, and staffing needed to ensure that issues are effectively addressed. Given the decentralized nature of the institution, the Director will need to become broadly informed about, and sensitive to, the diverse needs and concerns of the many members of the Johns Hopkins community.
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
- A minimum of eight years' experience in positions of increasing responsibility and leadership.
- An advanced degree required, with a degree in law and/or policy preferred.
- Demonstrated success leading complex strategic planning initiatives with vision, energy, and determination while working in partnership with a wide range of stakeholders, coupled with the willingness to act resourcefully, authoritatively, and resolutely.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and proven flexibility in juggling multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Professional experience with policy development and advising and a record of policy success.
- A consensus builder with vision; a collaborative, collegial style; the ability to establish credibility and forge relationships with broad and diverse constituencies; and the capacity to engage extraordinarily bright people in complex and highly collaborative decision-making processes.
- An open, thoughtful listener, strategic thinker, strong communicator and negotiator, with unquestionable integrity.
- Fastidious attention to detail; outstanding operational performance and a customer service orientation.
- A clear record of excellent judgment and outstanding critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and speaking skills.
- Familiarity and comfort with higher education settings and issues a plus.
All applications should include a cover letter, resume and writing sample.
Classified Title: Director Policy & Research, President's
Working Title: Director Policy & Research, President's Office
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30 - 5:00
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 01-MD:Homewood Campus
Department name: 10000002-President Office of
Personnel area: University Administration
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Director-Policy-&-Research%2C-President's-Office-MD-21218/707719500/
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency